Upgrade path for amplifier

alien lanes

Standard Member
Hi all, long time lurker here after a bit of advice on upgrade path for my current system.

I've currently got a chance to upgrade my system with a bit of saving. I have a Yamaha AS701 with a project 2xperience with Goldring 1022 cart. Kef R3 Speakers and a Yamaha 701 CD player. Speakers were latest buy and so not looking to upgrade there .

Usage is predominantly vinyl but I do stream apple music via airport express fairly regularly. It also acts as an amp for a projector.

My priority is to improve the sound on vinyl and streaming, in that order. Potentially up to £1000 but really the question is which part of the system would get most improvement - my thoughts are either a phono stage or an upgraded amp/receiver. Being really picky the current system can be a bit bright and aggressive in treble so something that tamed that a little would help- some of this is due to the room which has lot of glass/hard surfaces and despite best efforts is never going to be ideal.

Any advice welcome and appreciated, thanks for taking time to read

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom