• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrade path - advice appreciated

Shooter1

Hi everyone

I've decided to see if it would be worthwhile upgrading separate components of my current system & would appreciate advice on the order to do it as well as recommendations.

My current set up is: denon 1311 amp, with a front 3 of Q acoustics 2020i and the Q acoustics 2000 ci centre, the rears are a couple of old satellites from a Denon 5.1 system and the sub is a canton from a 6 yr old 5.1 system.

I've only just bought the front 3 to replace the front 3 that came with the denon 5.1.

The system is mainly used for watching SkyHD, watching a blu-Ray on the weekend and also listening to music, which is currently provided by connecting airport express to the Receiver.

I thought about upgrading the receiver to the Denon AVR-X2000 as this can be had for £249.

Will this see a significant performance improvement and in particular for music and blu-ray playback?

After the receiver, I was wondering whether I should upgrade the sub and if so, was looking for recommendations around the £250-£300 budget.

Thanks in advance for all replies

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The X2000 should be a good improvement over your current receiver so well worth the £250 in my opinion. Your budget for the sub will get you a BK Electronics Gemini II or XLS200 and both will be a good upgrade over your current one. I would say stretching to the xls200 is well worth it and will mean you will not need to upgrade the sub for some time.

Goldenbone

If you watch a lot of films, the sub is going to make a huge difference. I'll echo the above and say go for a BK model - I've had a Gemini and I've got a mono+ now! and they represent crazy value for money.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom