Upgrade options for Honda CRV EX 2007

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by alitech, Aug 14, 2013.

1. alitech

alitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I just bought a used Honda CRV Executive 2007 model with built in sat nav and hands free bluetooth phone. I like that the whole system is integrated to the car however the sound quality is absolute pants.

Wondering what options I have for upgrading the audio on there. Is there any point in upgrading the head unit to an after market one? Will I be able to use the steering controls with a aftermarket unit?

The system has an aux input as well, which I guess is good for adding another source however, I would still be left with the same head unit, amp and terrible speakers.

Should I consider an all out aftermarket unit or try to upgrade speakers, new amp and a new audio input for AUX? I have seen Alpine EziDab which gives DAB, usb mp3 etc and is an additional unit on the dash.

Some advice would be useful.

2. Min125

Min125
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    A new Headunit is a must. The quality of sound giving out of a oem unit is terrible. A new one will give you much deeper sound aswell as clarity, settings and USB Bluetooth etc. I have a CDE-133BT in my MINI and got it for about £60 in the end new from Halfrauds. Has Bluetooth USB etc etc. start with a Headunit and get some decent components for your doors, if it takes them if not decent coax.

3. alitech

alitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Thanks for your suggestion, however, I would be losing a lot of functionality with a unit like that. I would atleast want like for like.

Sat nav, rear view camera, bluetooth, mp3, flac, dab, fm, aux input, upgradable maps, sub pre-out etc etc