Upgrade needed to play the new Football Manager

oliscott

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently have a...

Windows XP Service pack 2
Pentium 4 2.66ghz
1 stick of 1024 ram and another 1 stick of 512.
ATI Radeon 9200 Graphics card
100gb Hardrive

I believe the motherboard to be a Microstar - Model, MS-6575. If that means anything.

Think that should cover it although if anymore info is needed then I shall provide.

The minimum specs for the new Football Manager Are,

PC System Requirements
OS - Windows Vista or XP
Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Now the main problem Is my current graphics card I think, I just need a cheap update if possible.

Also think im going to shell out on some more ram aswell. How would I find out how much my PC can take?

Any advice on what it would take update wise to paly the game at a fairly reasonable pace would be much appreciated.

Firstly with regards to the memory you have, you need to run in matched pairs to allow dual channel mode.

You cannot really use 512mb and 1GB in the same channel.

However looking at the manual for your motherboard it states it only accepts the older DDR1 at speeds

DDR333/DDR266/DDR200

DDR1 memory is very expensive now as DDR2 is the norm.

Also according to the manual the board contains a 4x AGP slot.

An ok AGP card would be the ATI 3650 which is £50 from Ebuyer

PowerColor HD 3650 512MB DDR2 Dual DVI TV Out AGP Graphics Card - Ebuyer

In terms of the memory, as I said its rare to find and expensive, especially when your motherboard also does not seem to support the PC-3200 memory which is the more frequently available DDR1 memory now.

You could try buying 2 sticks of this

Play.com (UK) : Computer Memory 1GB PC2700 DDR 333Mhz 184pin DIMM : Computing - Free Delivery

Which would be £30.

So you are looking at £80 for the upgrade.

TBH for that amount you would probably be better at looking at a cheap new system if possible.

Fantastic reply thank you.

Id really like to invest in a new system but Id only be willing to spend from about 150 to 200 quid at the moment and for that price I cant really seem to find anything of any worth.

That card isnt on Ebuyer anymore.

Any other recomendations anyone?

The 3650 would be the best card for your needs.

You could either email Ebuyer or Scan to see if/when they will be getting the AGP ATI 3650 back in stock.

Or just try to find somewhere else that sells it.

You could go for the older ATI 2600 cards but for the price the 3650 would be the card you should try to get.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom