Upgrade my Xbox One X to Series S ?

Lyleman222

Think a negative would be no blu ray player on the S its a big one for me for 4k discs and existing games but I've heard you can connect an external drive but that's another £100 almost so not sure think an X would be a no Brainer if had the cash

deans6571

Not to mention the delay, only tried it a few times but eh it felt horrible, don't mind trying out a game for a few minutes that way to see if I might like it but for that to be my primary way to play them, no thank you.

...you have to of course remember that the service is still in BETA hence the current issues that are about.

I think I've decided to stick with my One X for a little longer as I don't see a massive amount of graphical quality on the Series S vs the One X.

Indiana Jones

...you have to of course remember that the service is still in BETA hence the current issues that are about.

I think I've decided to stick with my One X for a little longer as I don't see a massive amount of graphical quality on the Series S vs the One X.
For me its not the graphics where the biggest improvement is its the higher framerate and faster load times, both those things alone make upgrading a must IMO.

Lyleman222

I think load times are a personal thing really if your not bothered it's not really a plus selling point and FPS again some X/S games suffer from stutter already so its not the end of the world, I think it's about money and if you can afford to splash the cash like a lot of folk can these days then an X or PS5 are no bother but for some money isn't always readily available to splash so it's really is the S a big enough jump to next gen or wait to get an X or PS5 down the line, all just an opinion that's all👍

ChrisKz

I wouldn't touch a series S not after my x box one x .. you are losing storage , and a 4k player ... Just save and go for the series X .. Just hold on for prices to drop or set a budget on what you wish to pay I personally wouldn't waste £250 on something ( to me) that is a worse console

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom