Upgrade my sky netgear DG834GT to??

Rich Marshall

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I think I need to upgrade my router.
My only problem with the one supplied by Sky broadband is that I can't get a solid stream to the PS3. It works ok for a few minutes then just gives up and requires an unplug before it will work again.

I'm using PS3MS to send video.

Any recommendations for something more reliable would be great.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

to stream any kind of video over wireless you really want an 802.11n modem router

on Sky, I would look at one of the other Netgear models like a DGN2000 or DGND3300...maybe even DGN3500 - it depends on how much you want to spend really and if gigabit ethernet or dual band radios are important

to stream any kind of video over wireless you really want an 802.11n modem router

on Sky, I would look at one of the other Netgear models like a DGN2000 or DGND3300...maybe even DGN3500 - it depends on how much you want to spend really and if gigabit ethernet or dual band radios are important

Thanks for that.

If I go for the DGN2000 (which I've just googled at £65), do I just unplug my existing router and plug in the new one? :rolleyes:

How is it better exactly? I mean what does it do which my DG834GT doesn't?

As you can see I know nothing about routers etc.

the wireless connection will be more reliable, and faster if you have an 802.11n wireless client adapter.

but no, its not a simple swap, as the Sky router is pre-configured for the Sky service

you will need to look on the Sky user forums on here and read up on how to recover your user/password parameters from your existing router, write them down and input into the new one

the new one will run a set-up wizard if you follow the instructions, and you will need to input these parameters

if u get the DGN2000 make sure u upgrade the firmware as it has some problems if not. i have been running it on sky for a while and i havent had any problems

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom