Upgrade my 2910???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by marcusa, Apr 19, 2007.

1. marcusa

marcusa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I bought my 2910 dvd player second hand just over a year ago and have been thinking about using that in my bedroom and then looking for a replacement. I don't want to spend more than £250 and don't mind buying secondhand. Will I get anything better than the 2910, or should I stick with it and buy a cheaper model for the bedroom?

My TV downstairs is a 50" HD Panasonic Plasma. My TV upstairs is a 32" HD LCD Panasonic.

2. Chippo2000

Chippo2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think you'd be hard pushed to get anything better for £250. You'd need to move up to the 2930 to see an improvement and that would set you back £500-£600. I'd go with a cheapie for the bedroom and enjoy the 2910 which is still an excellent unit.

I have a 2910 and was tempted by the 2930 but decided to hang fire and see what happens in the HD market before making any changes. I don;t see the point in buying a new DVD player and then buying an HD/BD player in a year or so.

3. meltonboy

meltonboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +587
    I have had the same thoughts and have also stuck with the 2910 for now.

It's summer coming up, so i'm going to wait until the winter to see what happens in the HD market. We now have 2 combi players out there and maybe denon will do their own, perhaps with good SD scaling ie 2930 + BR + HD-DVD. That would be tempting, even at a premium price :lease: