1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrade help from philips lx700{don't laugh now}

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by av addict, Oct 7, 2005.

1. av addict

av addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    hi people would like some advise to see if it would be possible to chance this
    amp {philips lx700]all in one system -to say a denon 2106 or yamaha 657
    i would like to change my surround speakers but can't afford it just now with me buying my plasma and xbox 360 on order and of course chrimbo coming up.
    if i bought some decent speaker wire as well would this with my new amp
    give me a reasonable upgrade-thanks all advise very welcome

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I very much doubt that the philips speakers will be very good, and there specks will probably be doubious, i think u'd be better off getting a new cheap set from say richer sounds. You then know where your at and can go from there.

If it does have full specks like, 6Ohms and 100W then by all means you could give it a go but start the volume low and if you start to hear interfereance or crackling or anything out of the ordinary you have probably found the maximum they will go with. I doubt there is much chance you could blow your speakers unless you go crazy with the volume, but the interaction between speakers and amps are symbiotic, so its worth taking it into account.

The recievers you have given are very good, and remeber that richer sounds has a price beat policy so you could save yourself a few quid if you find it cheaper else were (even on the internet as long as they have stock) which you could put towards some speakers.