Upgrade G20 to an ST/GT60?

Grexeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm considering replacing my 2 year old G20 with an ST60 or GT60. Has anyone done this already? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm considering upgrading from my 46" G20 to either a 50" GT60 or a 50" VT65. Think I'm going to pop along to my local shop and demo them both. I can see colour banding on G20 so hopefully the new TV's won't show this as they have far more gradients than my G20

Last edited:
I did 2 months ago from a g20 to st50. It's a major upgrade especially in blacks, no FB , better graduation, better DFC better colour accuracy. It's a little bit more image noisier even in true cinema and of course VBI but with 60 series you will not have such issue.

Last edited:
I had a V20 and I found the GT30 an upgrade in some parts, the ST60 and GT60 wipe the flaw with a G20 IMO.

Sounds good, I'm tempted to pay the extra and get a VT65 as it has got brilliant reviews.

Sounds good, I'm tempted to pay the extra and get a VT65 as it has got brilliant reviews.

Thinking about a 55" VT65 myself, will be demoing first though.

Seeing as the VT/ZT use a new generation panel and the GT is using last years panel, I think I'm sold on the VT rather than the GT.

Just have to demo it first.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom