• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrade G20 to an ST/GT60?

Grexeo

Established Member
I'm considering replacing my 2 year old G20 with an ST60 or GT60. Has anyone done this already? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

SteveW09

Established Member
I'm considering upgrading from my 46" G20 to either a 50" GT60 or a 50" VT65. Think I'm going to pop along to my local shop and demo them both. I can see colour banding on G20 so hopefully the new TV's won't show this as they have far more gradients than my G20

Last edited:

AndreiNR

Prominent Member
I did 2 months ago from a g20 to st50. It's a major upgrade especially in blacks, no FB , better graduation, better DFC better colour accuracy. It's a little bit more image noisier even in true cinema and of course VBI but with 60 series you will not have such issue.

Last edited:

SteveW09

Established Member
Seeing as the VT/ZT use a new generation panel and the GT is using last years panel, I think I'm sold on the VT rather than the GT.

Just have to demo it first.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom