1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade FS2's??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sarll, Oct 2, 2003.

1. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hi

I've been running a set of Mission FS2AV's off a Marantz 4200 for a while now and am very happy. However I feel like an upgrade now...time to sell the fs2's?

I also own a pair Mission M73's which i was thinking of matching up with a M7C2 centre and M7DS rears.....worry about sub later. I know I should get a demo but does anyone have any opinions on what sort of sound difference this setup would give me compared with the fs2s?!!! Would i be downgrading without realising it??

I've also been looking at the new Mission M3x range - has anybody got or heard these?

Any opinions appreciated!

2. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    anyone?

3. timlloyd

timlloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Saril

Have you not tried a straight compare between youur fs2's and M73's in stereo first?

I've just upgraded from some fs2's to mk2 eggs and the difference is pretty substantial, thing that struck me most was the detail the eggs reveal against the FS2's, bass is far better on the eggs also, deeper and more controlled.

Only have the front three installed at present so dont know about 5.1 comparison, but I'm now listening to my cd's again in straight stereo, something which I didn't really do with the FS2's due to their sound dispersion and lack of imaging.