1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade front 3 from AE109's - Advice pls

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dodgey, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. OK, I have a Denon 3802 (yeah, yeah, so I should have waited for the 3803 :rolleyes: ) powering 2 Acoustic Energy (AE) 109 floor standers with an AE107C centre.
    I use Eltax Bipolars for the sides and rears. I have a Paradigm Servo 15 for my sub.

What I like about the AE109's is ... they are slim (I don't want behemoths) and deep (physically). They have more character than, say, missions. They have beautifully controlled bass (although a bit boomy as I have to have them close to walls).

I have got to the stage where I want to go to the next level with the front setup. Somthing with much more presence and guts. To give you an idea of my tastes, I loved the looks of the Definitive technolgy speakers (floor standers with subs) but can't find a dealer.

I'm not keen on changing my rears as they perform perfectly and are discreet enough. And fitted!

Any suggestions on where I should be looking next. I have no idea.

I'm happy to spend IRO £1000 for the front, or more if I have to.

I'm also open to the idea of smaller speakers as I'm fure my servo 15 can do the rest, although I'm unsure whether smaller speakers wil give me the presence of floor standers. M&K maybe?

I only really watch movies.

Thanks

Roger

2. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard a pair of JM Labs Cobalt 815's, very gutsy. £1000.

M&K's are pretty expensive, they are good speakers but I think are a bit overpriced.