1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade from yamaha rx-v440 to pioneer vsx-ax3 ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Bstar, Jun 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bstar

Bstar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much of a improvement would I get from upgrading from yamaha Rxv-440 to pioneer vsx-ax3 (Which is going at a good price), my speakers are wharfedale evo 30's + centre and rears, would there be noticable power increase / quality ? Also how does the AX3 compare to the more modern models from yamaha and denon (Eg: 2805,3805, 1500,2500)

Thanks

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    what is your primery use music or movies? Most owners will tell you the ax3 sucks with music.

3. Bstar

Bstar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment it would probably be used with a 50/50 split with music and movies, my main reason for looking to upgrade is that I am thinking that the evo 30's are not get enough power to do them justice ? Do you think I would hear a big difference in music / movies with the AX3 ?

thanks,

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    even worse it doesn't seem to work too well with large speakers if you can get hold of a yamaha rxv1400 or an arcam avr200 they're probably going at the same rate!
    Vsxax3 is an amazing amp with sub sats but it doesn't grip the speakers especially not with a pair that need alot of gripping to get going properly! the new vsxd2014i which replaced it has solved this problem but the going rate is a bit higher!

5. Bstar

Bstar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can get a used RX-V1300 for fairly good price, how would that compare to the RXV-1400 and also would the RX-V1300 be a worthwhile upgrade from a RX-V440 ?

thanks

6. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I would ignore the 1300 as its old tech and will be missing some of the newer and better processing options and will also be inferior to the 1400 in stereo.