• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrade from Sony 2400ES for around £250 with Kef 2005.3 speakers

MadaCup

Hi all,

I'm looking for an upgrade from my trust Sony 2400ES (which has served me fantastically) for around £250 to be paired with the Kef 2005.3 speakers.

I'm not looking for anything ridiculously loud, just decent sound quality which is a good match for the Kef speakers.

One feature I really like (more for my girlfriends sake) is the integration between my Sony amp and TV. I can control the volume etc with just a single remote. When I turn the TV on/off the amp turns on/off as well. It would be great to have this feature available on my new amp as well.

Thanks,

Adam

brmgoons

I have the same speakers with the Yamaha 671 receiver, my 1st foray into home cinema and I'm impressed, with regards to a remote can't beat the harmony 1, turns on all device's and can control volume etc

dante01

Distinguished Member
In order to upgrade you need to be looking at amps costing more than £400. £250 will not purchase an amp better than your current STRDA2400ES. You could get a Yamaha RXV671 for about £300, but even this would be more a side step than an upgrade.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I would second the Harmony remote suggestion as it works much better than the HDMI control function that is avaliable on all receivers (and what you are currently using with your 2400).
Also as above you will need to pay a fair bit more than £250 to get an upgrade on your current receiver as you have a pretty good one there already.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom