• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrade from SCART to HDMI components - which AV receiver?

bladesew

Standard Member
I currently have a Pioneer vsx-301c receiver which I used for switching between my scart-connected components and for processing the digital audio output from my dvd player. I've now upgraded a number of components and require a HDMI switching system.

My components are:
XBOX (XBMC) - component video and optical digital output
Panasonic DMR-EX85 - HDMI output
PS3 - HDMI output
Hyundai A321 LCD TV - HDMI input

So I need an AV receiver with at least 2 HDMI inputs and 1 output, at least 1 component input and at least 1 (rear) optical digital input. Ability to decode the lossless audio formats from BD on PS3 would be a big plus as would video signal upconversion (I've never been able to get the XBMC to output an HD signal).

Nice-to-haves would include an ipod dock, wireless (or ethernet) enabled, usb ports, onscreen gui and auto-calibration. Budget up to £800 ish.

Any recommendation much appreciated.

sk8

depends if you want to spend all of your £800 budget

Me

How about a Pioneer VSX-AX4ASi-S, does everything except ethernet, although you can use the i-kink in the same way.

Petrushka

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom