Upgrade from Sanyo Z5 - compact size needed

Randell

Established Member
Reaction score
Still using my original PJ, a Sanyo Z5, still happy with it, but obviuosly hankering after 1080p.

Problem I have is that PJ's seem to getting bigger not smaller!! My Set-up includes the Z5 in a SMS secret lift, and modern home cinema PJ's just all seem to be too big, or if they are small enough (e.g. BenQ 1200) they don't have lens shift, which I'm pretty certain I'm going to need. So I need to find a new PJ that is;

1. No bigger than W 38cm, D -30cm, H - 14cm.
2. Lens Shift
3. Can throw a 200cm wide picture at 3m.
4. 1080p
5. Good Blacks
6. Can cope with light walls. daytime use. I do have a dark background to the screen, and curtains/blinds for light control, but does get used in daytime by kids for wii as well as films.
7. Don't care about 3D
8. no more than £2,000?

I'm just going round in circles, and thinking I need to hang on until PJ's start shrinking, but they seem to be going in the opposite direction to other technologies!

Hi

You'll struggle to get one of the newer LCD models with those kind of dimensions - the new Panasonic and Epson models are pretty large and the JVC is huge. Have you tried to find a Sanyo z3000 / 4000? Smaller and still a good 1080p model albeit a bit older and not 3D. Should be cheaper too. I'm not sure about DLP as I can't watch them but I think there might be some smaller models

Cheers

The Optoma 23/33 etc are small enough, but I then need to worry about lens shift and rainbows! I would love a JVC, but they are massive! The Optoma Themescene range then gets too big as well, but they do have lens shift.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom