Upgrade from rxv677 suggestions?

Bascombe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, just reacquainting myself with the world of avr options, I've had a Yamaha rxv677 for a good few years (and another long serving Yamaha before that) but got an unexpected upgrade to a 4k TV after the Yamaha's purchase. So it's been a choice of getting HD audio formats by using hdmi connections to the amp, or getting hdr by plugging sources into the TV and then connecting to the amp via optical. My interest was piqued by the new Yamaha's (6a, 4a), Denon avrx2700 looks tempting, much as the serial upgrader in me looks covetously at the likes of the 3700 (out of my price range). Speakers won't be upgraded any time soon, they are just q acoustics 3090/3020 at front and centre, 3010 at rear. No sub at the mo. So main requirements are decent sound with scope for a possible speaker upgrade in the distant future, hdr passthrough, and a healthy measure of future proofing, with a view to a possible transition to Xbox series X at some point (from one s). Any thoughts, experiences would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom