1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrade from Pro-V

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stimpy, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Stimpy

Stimpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently running a Pro-V as the main interface into my LG Plasma. Given that both my DVD player and sky+ box output RGB,
    can any of you recommend a Pro-V style box that would accept RGB (over SCART) and output the correct VGA signal.
    From what I have heard the JS technology box will not work as the LG uses a different VGA standard.
    I know componant is the way to go, but the VGA cable has already been chased into the wall and I know the other half will go spare if I opened up the wall again (she has just decorated).

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,027
    Svideo is very close to RGB quality for normal interlaced TV sources, so I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to use RGB directly. Sky + has svideo out anyway, and for DVD you could either use a JS converter or buy a new DVD player with Svideo output.

3. Stimpy

Stimpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the S-Vids out at the moment anyway into the Pro-V box. (switched via amp)
    Unfortunatly the JS box doesn't work on the LG plasma (something to do with a different VGA standard), otherwise I would go sky+-->DVD-->RGB-->converter-->VGA-->Plasma with the composite to the VCR going into the composite of the converter.