• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrade from Panasonic TX-P50G20

lky2k23

About to move house and wondering if it's time to upgrade my Panasonic TX-P50G20 TV.

I only have about £800 to spend. Value in upgrading?

Not a gamer. Just HD tv really.

Ossie77

Plasma's are fast disappearing so you will probably have to go with an LED. You're used to the smooth motion of plasma so will probably want an LED with a high refresh rate. The 50" Sony W829 has just come out and is selling like hot cakes. At £899 its slightly over budget but for whats on offer its supposed to be a real bargain;

Sony BRAVIA KDL50W829B Black | 50 inch 3D LED Smart TV 1080p HD Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Reviews here;

Sony KDL50W829/ KDL-50W829B (W8) Review

Sony 50W829 Full HD LED TV Review | AVForums

Sony KDL-50W829 review | TV Reviews

Sony KDL-50W829B review from the experts at whathifi.com

The conclusions are pretty much unanimous; its a great TV!

An alternative might be the Panasonic AS640 but that isn't out yet and comes in 48" and 55". I guess the 55" will be a lot more expensive than the W8 though.

It might fit in nicely with your other Sony gear!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom