Question Upgrade from Panasonic EZ952B to LG C9 OLED for PC/Console Gaming and Movies?

Ultrahdgamer

Novice Member
Shall I upgrade from a Panasonic EZ952B to the new LG C9 2019? I’m not convinced that the upgrade will not be worth it and the [email protected] + Dolby Vision support for HDR is honestly convincing me to make the upgrade. And I could use my upcoming PC build with the C9 OLED for PC gaming/Desktop use instead of buying a separate monitor for my upcoming PC build + I can use the C9 for all Console gaming/Netflix. Please advise on the possibility of burn-in using an OLED for PC use/PC gaming and will the upgrade be better from all angles? Better HDR, picture quality over my current OLED, will the LG warranty to cover burn-in and other OLED related problems be covered? Cheers guys!

Thanks to this forum I chose my current OLED, but I really want the Dolby Vision/HDR & [email protected] for all PC gaming/workstation use, if the chance of burn-in is very slim.

GAmbrose

Well

A) there's no reviews of the TV yet

B) There's not a single HDMI 2.1 graphics card

So it's pretty hard to give you much of an answer at the moment.

Having said that I do think I might upgrade my LG B6 to an LG C9, around black friday.

Ultrahdgamer

Novice Member
Well

A) there's no reviews of the TV yet

B) There's not a single HDMI 2.1 graphics card

So it's pretty hard to give you much of an answer at the moment.

Having said that I do think I might upgrade my LG B6 to an LG C9, around black friday.

Would the upgrade be worth it? And I just realised that there’s no HDMI 2.1 GPUs lol. Maybe a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.1 Converter cable would work no? I haven’t checked if there is such a cable. What’s the best solution then?

Ultrahdgamer

Novice Member
Wait and see is the current solution.

I want to build my 4k gaming rig this Summer but by then still no new GPU will release with the HDMI 2.1 port. The question is, how long do we wait? Shall I just get the LG C9 whenever I find out what the exact price will be for the 65” in British Pounds? And choose not to build another gaming PC? I really don’t know. I would love to build a new gaming PC to use with the new LG C9 but the chance of that happening is pretty much at 0.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom