• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrade from Nikon D60

Tim Austin

Standard Member
Hi,

I am looking at upgrading my Nikon D60. I have a budget of about £400 but want a camera which offers more. It would be ideal if it was Nikon Camera - as I have investments in Nikon Lenses, flashes etc but I will consider other brands.

Thanks.

TIm

jwramsay

Established Member
D3100 or if deeper pockets D7000

Last edited:

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
The obvious question is why are you wanting to upgrade, it's difficult to give a meaningful recommendation without knowing what you are wanting from the camera.

John

Tim Austin

Standard Member
Ok, I am wanting a new camera because I would like a better ISO range and a larger range of lenses available. Maybe also more Auto Focus points and live veiw would be nice.

i still have D60. but i do portrait photography. with 35mm lens perfect quality. looking inot full frame D700, but they still tooooo expensive. the new D7000 seems very good aswell.is it worth paying extra to get to D7000, or get D90 and 1 extra lens ???

f1charlie

Standard Member
D7000 seems to have the advantage over the D90 in high ISO perfromance, quicker autofocus, higher FPS and better video. None of these are essential in portrait photography. You could get a nice lens for the difference in price!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom