Question Upgrade from Marantz SR7010 to SR7012

jorjov

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
Hope someone can help shed some light on on a dilemma I have. I've got a bargain on a 2 months old Marantz SR7012. Today I have the SR7010. I have done some research, and can't find that there are very big differences between them. Only thing I can see is support for eARC, Airplay v2 and Auro 3D.
So is it worth an upgrade? I think I might have to put in an extra $250 if I sell my existing SR7010.
What do you think?

Regards
Jorn,
Norway

Audio wise I doubt it very much. It's just a case of the annual upgrades and a change of model number. Unless you really want those minor upgrades then it's a pretty pointless attack on your finances.

I'd agree with Gibbsy although you can add Heos multiroom support as a new feature. I alsothink they've cheaper out and downgraded the remote on the newer amp (I've got a 7010 too BTW)

The SR7010's remote included an LCD panel while the newer remote for the SR7012 omits this.

SR7010 remote:
snapshot001.jpg

Remote for SR7012:
snapshot002.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated. I might have gotten a wee bit more hifi feel with the 7012, but I found the differences not to be enough to justify an upgrade at this time.
I might however go for a processor/power amp setup next time. Anyone having any experience with Marantz's processors and could give a recommendation?
When it comes to power amp I have no clue what to choose as I need 9 channels. However, I have an Emotiva XPA-3, 3 channel power amp today which I am very satisfied with. But lacking 6 channels for a full processor setup though.

I went from Denon and Marantz AVR's to an Arcam AVR550. I found it to be a good upgrade, perhaps something you could look into?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom