1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade from kef 2005 sub/sat package

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by rjcowan, Aug 23, 2002.

1. rjcowan

rjcowan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am intending to upgrade my speakers. Due to me moving house I know have some space for floor standers. The budget is 800 - 1000 quid for 2 new front speakers and a center speaker.
    I was looking at the b&w dm600 range and i am tempted. The other choice is to stick with the kef brand and upgrade with them.

Advice please.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

You may be able to track down some Kef Reference 1 floorstanders and a Model 100 centre speaker for that budget, both excellent speakers. The older Reference range are being discounted due to the newer models now available. Other options are the B&W´s like you have suggested or the new Q range from Kef.

3. jbaker

jbaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    rjcowan

If you do decide to get rid of your 2005 package I might be interested in buying them.

I am in exactly the opposite position to you - just moved house which has a smaller living room that has to have the TV in a corner because of a chimney breast, and my Tannoy Mx3, Mx2 a MxC package is just too big and difficult to position.

How good are the Kef eggs in your opinion?

How much would you want and what condition are they in?

Regards
    Jono