Upgrade from Jamo DVR 50

ener1

Can someone tell me whether its worthwhile upgrading to an all in 1 system with HDMi, or stick with the JAMO? I would be using it with a Samsung Rear projector TV, which has an HDMI input but if i am better of keeping my money in my pocket i will.
Ener1

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
The output via my Samsung HDMI 850 DVD player was a big improvement, but if I was upgrading it would never be to an all in one system, just for the fact of what is happening to you, I changed my DVD player the rest remained intact.

ener1

Andy, do i understand this correctly: WHat you are saying is: stick with the JAMO and get a seperate HDMI DVD player.......Can i connect this properly?
Ener1

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
No, What I am saying is if you had a separates system you would only have to change the DVD player, what you have is an all in one.
I was suggesting that if you do go down the road of upgrading rather than looking at an all in one get a separates system (AV AMP and DVD player), that way if things change again (2 years till we see good prices on Bluray and HD DVD) you have only one component to change. In the mean time if you have a spare digital input on your all in one then why not add a HDMI DVD player.

radiowave

Standard Member
Andy98765 said:
No, What I am saying is if you had a separates system you would only have to change the DVD player, what you have is an all in one.
I was suggesting that if you do go down the road of upgrading rather than looking at an all in one get a separates system (AV AMP and DVD player), that way if things change again (2 years till we see good prices on Bluray and HD DVD) you have only one component to change. In the mean time if you have a spare digital input on your all in one then why not add a HDMI DVD player.
But if you conect as following:

HD dvd/blueray player via hdmi cable > TV
HD DVD player (audio) via optical cable > Jamo optical in (hope its got one!)
Sky+ > optical > Jamo optical in (for 5.1 sound depending on transmision).

So cant you manage in this way if you bought an all in one?
How is Jamo by the way?