1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade from Denon AVC 1530 Pro-logic

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Monster, Dec 21, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I am looking to upgrade from Prologic to 5.1/DTS. I bought my Denon AVC 1530 from my brother when he upgraded to 5.1 last year. It was my first set up which I set up with Celestion C1 Centre, Celestion F3 fronts and Mission 77DS rears. Tosh SD2109 DVD Denon TU260L MK2 Tuner. Unfortunately my bro had lost the instructions but helped set it up consequently I do not know much about how good it is compared to others. I'm looking at the Sony STRDB940 or Yamaha DSPA5. Any views? Also any ideas what the Denon amp and tuner could be sold/PX for? Both in excellent condition but no boxes or instructions for the amp.

2. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    i would have no problem recomending the a5,its a great amp for music and movies.i havn,t heard the denon though.the other good thing with the a5 is the multi brand remote,its great,does all mine.
    cheers pat

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today I went and collected my brand new Yamaha RX-V795aRDS, and have only just got it up and running - absolutely brilliant.

Sounds fab in Dolby and my music, top purchase with a lot of umph!

I paid £299 for it from Sevenoaks Sound and Vision (Tunbridge Wells) which I think is an absolute bargain!. So if you can afford the extra $$$, then I really would recommend it!

Regards
    Patrick

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 22-12-2000).]