Upgrade from Denon 4308A

mark8par

I am looking to upgrade my Denon 4308A receiver to possibly the Denon 4311 and would appreciate some pointers/advice.

I have ust ordered a Panasonic TX P50VT30 tv with the Panasonic BDP310 blu ray so i thought what the hell i might aswell change the receiver if the cost to change is not massive

My questions are
1. Are there any other receivers worth considering - i have been advised that if i like my current Denon's sound to stick with them.
2. I am unsure what to sell my current receiver for and i know its down to what people would pay but to get an idea would be helpful.

Just off subject i am also going to sell my Denon 3800BD blu ray player and have been told its worth about £150-200 to which point i fell of my chair and instead of selling it i have considered if i would get more pleasure by taking a hammer to it to vent my anger:laugh:.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What is the reason for the upgrade? Is it just for new features as ther will not be much (if any) improvement in sound quality. You could also look at the Anthem 500 or Arcam 400.
Out of interest what speakers do you have? Also why sell the Denon player as it is a better bluray than the Panasonic although it is 3d. You could always keep the Denon for 2D stuff.

mark8par

Have not really go the room for 2 blu ray players and reason for the upgrade i suppose is to have the 3d pass through and less wires, plus i just wanted to update things a little.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Have not really go the room for 2 blu ray players and reason for the upgrade i suppose is to have the 3d pass through and less wires, plus i just wanted to update things a little.

I would have thought the reason for purchasing that particular bluray player is so that you don't have to upgrade the amp and can route the (v1.4) 3d video direct to the display and the (v1.3) audio to the amp/receiver. Personally I wouldn't bother as I don't think you're gaining anything significant, unless you have the money burning a hole in your pocket. As for how much your gear is worth, check completed listings on ebay and search the classifieds.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom