1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade from all in one system

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bcopping, Jun 7, 2005.

1. bcopping

bcopping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I currently own a Samsung HT-DM150 which i am thinking of upgrading. All the speakers including the subwoffer are attached by "springey clips" (highly technical term!!).

I was wondering if it is possible to buy a new reciever and use the old speakers until i can afford to buy new ones? Looking at the back of new recievers the subwoffer seems to be attached with a different type of cable. Would i need to buy a new sub at the same time?

I have about £750 to spend at the mo, probably the same again in about 6 weeks time.

Any advice on reccomended recievers & speakers / upgrade paths would be much appreciated.

Will be used entirely for movies. For the DVD player i would like to use the philips dvp630 that is currently being used in another room.

Thanks

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    What type of speakers can you accomodate, floorstanders, stand mounters or lifestyle? What size room?

For the £750 you could buy a reciever and new speakers especially if you look at the Canton special offer on the forums.

3. bcopping

bcopping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    the room is roughly 5m x 5m, with low ceilings (2m). The room is also my office so i cant really have floorstaders as their are desks down the left & right hand sides.

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85