• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrade from 55" to 65"

steb9780

Prominent Member
Afternoon people, looking for some recommendations if possible. I currently have a 55KS7000 which I love, but I want to go up a size to 65". I quite like the idea of sticking with a LED/QLED tv as my living room is bright. Requirements for the TV 65", Freesat, will be playing a mix of Xbox (new xbox at end of year), 4k UHD movies, Netflix and NOW TV and some small amounts of SD content. Stand isn't an issue as the TV will be mounted on and AV stand with a post.

I did nearly pull the trigger on the 65" Q800T 8k QLED I can get it at £2.3k through a bluelight card offer. I have been put off with a few of the reviews. So I have been potentially looking at some of the flagship 4k offerings.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Now is the worst time of year to buy a new TV.

The 2020 models are just out and at their highest price, but you're just a bit too late to the party by a few weeks to pick up a 2019 model bargain as they've pretty much all sold through.

TVs that are launched now @£2000 are next springs £1200 runout model as the 2021 TVs start coming out. Discounts start around Black Friday.

For good HDR, you'd be looking at the Q80T and above, so that's the Q90T and Q95T.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Upgrade, yes. But now is not the time if you want the best value. Either Black Friday or April. If you're not in a rush, wait.

steb9780

Prominent Member
Cheers, yeah I thought that with regards to timing. Thought I may hold out for Black Friday. Got the KS7000 in the boxing day sales, saved a packet getting it then.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Cheers, yeah I thought that with regards to timing. Thought I may hold out for Black Friday. Got the KS7000 in the boxing day sales, saved a packet getting it then.

If you can, go 75''. Trust me, 65'' will feel small in no time and at the £2k budget, you should be able to snag a pretty good one.

steb9780

Prominent Member
If you can, go 75''. Trust me, 65'' will feel small in no time and at the £2k budget, you should be able to snag a pretty good one.

I toyed with the idea of going bigger, but a 65" is the pretty much the same width as my chimney breast, any bigger and its going to look odd I think.

steb9780

Prominent Member
Thanks, yeah been looking at the Q90/Q95 also been looking around to see if there is any stock of the Q90R from 2019 but not had much success. Also been really impressed with LG CX OLED reviews. Previously had Panasonic GT plasmas and loved them, but the KS7000 I have now has shown just how bright my room must be at certain times. Plasma used to get washed out so would have to shut the curtains. Never have to do it with the LCD.

I has got me thinking though about OLED though, don't mind having to shut curtains etc. The set does get gamed on alot though, so was thinking more about image retention potentially being a problem.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
I'd avoid the OLED's if you game alot. Dodge's advice is spot on. I've just got the XH9505 and it's an awesome set, but the Q90/95 are just as good in slightly different ways. Prices are dropping but stocks are low, I'd say Black Friday through to the New Year should see some good deals.

Dodgexander

Gaming doesn't necessarily put you at risk. See:

steb9780

Prominent Member
Just a quick update to this thread.

I bought a 55Q95T to pair with the new xbox at the beginning of November. Love the set so far. Dealwise I bought from sevenoaks for £1299 (£100 voucher off on site at the time). Also got 5 year warranty and the no gap wall mount free.

Still not been a deal as good as this when looking over black friday.

Been that impressed with the TV I have just ordered another in 65" from Box. No movement on price (£1989) with black friday, but did get the no gap wall mount and a soundbar thrown in, which i plan to sell. Also a 5 year warranty included. Hoping to raise about £200 for the soundbar, so would stand me at £1789. Which i think is decent for a 65" flagship model at the moment.

Thanks for all the help and advice

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom