1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrade for a C5 exclusive

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by monkeyboy69, Jun 20, 2005.

1. monkeyboy69

monkeyboy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm turning to someone on here in the vain hope that they have slightly more understanding and appreciation than my citreon dealer, what a numpty but please dont' get me started on him
    I've got the C5 exclusive ( don't knock a guy when hes down I like it) anyway as standard its connected up to a 6 cd - changer, colour sat nav and steering wheel column controls.
    Its a fairly standard dull grey blaupunkt unit which sounds awful and loses radio stations every 5 mins
    After trying for 3 months to upgrade the unit which citroen couldn't do in the end because they could never get all 3 attached items to work in conjunction with the headunit I gave up. I went to 2 car audio shops who said they couldn't upgrade the unit as citreon wont release the codes.
    So I'm at a loose end now , I've put a 2 channel amp in the boot coupled with an infinity sub , upgraded all in car speakers and only have the head unit as it really doesn't make the most of the other upgrades.

Can anyone who has understanding of this car or who even works in the business give me some sort of ideas for headunits that is compatible with this motor and has a pre out for the amp to use. Failing that anyone point me in the direction of a reputable auido firm in hertfordshire

Any help would be greatly appreciated - many thanks

2. monkeyboy69

monkeyboy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11