upgrade experience with momitsu 880DX

A

anthos

Hi

Just the other day I got a MOM 880DX from ebay for AUD107. It had player firmwate version 1.1.14. The DVI output to my BENQ PE7700 was awesome. Anyway the next day, I downloaded the 1.1.18 firmware, followed the instructions to upgrade. After the upgrade the CD try eject, I removed the firmware CD but the eject button (both remote & player) didnot work to close the tray. As per the instruction, I unplugged and then plugged the power chord to restart the player. the display went blank and the tray wont eject. This gave me half shivers.

Anyway I tried the first steps of the firmware upgrade, ie, unplugged the power chord, kept the stop button pressed when plugging back the power chord, after 3 seconds the display showed LOAD and then NO CD. From this point the eject button started working. Finally I have the player firmware upgraded; i dont quite know what difference it made !!

Am I supposed to upgrade sequentially through all upgrades, ie, 1.1.15 through to 1.1.18 to get the patches and fixes fromt hose upgrades ?

Regards
anthos

eternaldark

Novice Member
you might have a better response if you post in the correct forum, this is for Bu-ray & HD DVD players.:lesson:

Try the dvd player forum

mray

The last firmware includes all previous fixes, as far as I can remember, so I would leave it now if I were you. You can tell if it's the latest version (1.1.18) by using the zoom function. There is x&y scrolling and stretching included, which is very handy.

WGLOVER

eternaldark said:
you might have a better response if you post in the correct forum, this is for Bu-ray & HD DVD players.:lesson:

Try the dvd player forum
Lost me.

Isn't this the thread for DVD players standard definition?

Drew2

Novice Member
mray said:
The last firmware includes all previous fixes, as far as I can remember, so I would leave it now if I were you. You can tell if it's the latest version (1.1.18) by using the zoom function. There is x&y scrolling and stretching included, which is very handy.
:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom