Upgrade Epson EH-TW6600 to what 4K/UHD Projector?

eddiem74

Established Member
Reaction score
Over the years I have gone from a Panasonic AX200 to a Benq 1070 (no rainbows) and lastly to an Epson EH-TW6600.

Since getting the 85" Sony TV and SkyQ UHD a few years back the PJ has gotten no use and I had thought my 106" Sapphire screen was going to be retired, but I now realise that won't be the case as I miss the larger size.

So I need to upgrade to a 4k/UHD Projector.

It seemed the Epson 9400 was the recommendation based on reading around the forums however I see no stock currently in Richersounds.

Is that still the choice or what are my options? Wait for new models or?

PJ will be ceiling mounted in a living room with white ceiling, grey carpet on floor and grey matt walls / cabinetry with a white sapphire electric screen.

Budget 2-3k, looking for "best bang for buck" given room limitations and primary source will be SkyQ for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for reading and your expert advice.

Epson 9400 needs the right environment and lots of tweaking to get the best from it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a light controlled room and you are prepared to do a lot of tweaking. The picture can be stunning if you put the work in.

Epson 9400 needs the right environment and lots of tweaking to get the best from it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a light controlled room and you are prepared to do a lot of tweaking. The picture can be stunning if you put the work in.

Given my current Epson was acceptable I assumed the 9400 would have been also.

So what would you recommend as viable alternatives?

Wish I could help on that. I did tons of research in the price range and the only option I came back to was the 9400.
Post this question in the TW9400 thread. They are a great help especially Alaric

Epson seems to be out of stock most everywhere.

Am I better waiting to see what surfaces or would there be any other recommendations?

Is there a 9400 replacement on the horizon?

Epson interview they actually said ls12000b spiritual successor to the ls10500

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom