1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrade disc for sony players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by rabmcd, Jun 9, 2005.

1. rabmcd

rabmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) hi i was wondering if anyone knows of a multiregion upgrade is avaliable for a sony dav lf1 i know it wont be a handset hack, but could it be a download or even the rentable remote so far know one anywhere seems to have a definate answer,,,,many thanks in advance :lease:

2. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    There reason no dealers offer this multiregion is because of the design of the unit. The only way to get this rerady for modification (service mode) is to take appart the display to access a service button, but not all LF1s have it!

3. rabmcd

rabmcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: thanks for the reply justin ,does that mean it cant be done ,or retailers cant be bothered,would it be possible for a sony dealer to do it? ;)

4. papabear

papabear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Justin do you know where about in the LF1 the service buttons is (I take it's in the main dvd drive unit rather than the sub/amp unit?) and what does it look like?
    :lease:

5. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    If your unit has one, it is located behind the back panel on the display/sensor unit:) You`ll know if you have it, tiny little SMT button.