Upgrade Dilemma

DJM1976

Hi all,

Now that a few of my Kenwood speakers have died and that my Denon AVR X2000 isn’t HDCP 2.2 compliant, I now have the dilemma on deciding which route to take for upgrading, should it be another AVR or Soundbar. Now my TV has enough HDMI ports for the majority of my devices, with exception of my Blu-Ray player which I intend to use for playing CD’s and standard Blu-Ray discs when I want to give the Xbox One X a break from discs. There is also my Sony Turntable that uses RCA to connect to audio devices.

Now whichever route I need to take, I would like it to be compatible with Apple Airplay & have support for DSD playback over DLNA. I have a number of albums I have purchased in DSD format for my Sony NW-A45 and would love to listen to those plus any that I make myself from Vinyl.

Can anyone please make any suggestions

Many thanks

ashenfie

What kind of Budget do you have in Mind?

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
You can still have a soundbar with an avr, you just have to make sure you get a passive soundbar. This will then give you the option of adding whatever speakers you wish to the rears at a later date. If however you want a one box solution then for a small amount more you could look at the Denon Home 550 Soundbar. With this unit you can add any two Denon Home speakers to the rear plus a woofer which will give you a wireless solution (all be it at a price)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom