Upgrade Advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mr97, Apr 27, 2007.

1. mr97

mr97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi guys
    My current kit includes a Denon 1906 amp & Mordaunt Short Premier Plus speaker package.
    I started researching for some decent stands for the fronts and some wall brackets for the rears, hopefully to improve sound quality and looks.
    The Acatama Nexus 7 stands look fabulous but when I seen them in the flesh I knew that there’d look crazy supporting my little MS 302 fronts.
    Going back to the drawing board, I’m thinking of now buying some floor-standing fronts speakers with a view to using my MS 302 fronts as rear back speakers.

Do you think the best upgrade route would be to invest in quality stands and keep my current 5.1 setup?
    Or, buy some floor-standing fronts and, some extra wall brackets, to introduce two rear-back speakers by way of my current MS 302s?

Thank you for your time.

2. mr97

mr97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
  3. mr97

mr97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi - my upgrade plans have changed a tad!
    Please let me know if the following upgrade is flawed:

I plan to buy Mordaunt Short 914 (floor standing) speakers to add to my MS Avant Plus speaker package.

This will leave the my current MS 302 front speakers free, to be mounted on the rear wall as 'rear back speakers' for a 7.1 set-up:smashin:

I've been researching for days on the AVforums site to find potential problems with my planned upgrade and 'on the face of it' it seems quite do-able. :clap:
    As I class myself as a 'newbie' I still lack confidence, therefore, I'd be very grateful of any positive advise you can offer me regarding the above.

Thank you for your time.
    NB. The speakers will be powered by a Denon 1906.