• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Upgrade advice

icemanfrosty

Established Member
Hi everyone I am looking for some help on upgrading my home cinema setup.

Currently I am running a Yamaha 675 paired with the Tannoy hts101 5.1 speakers.

This setup has served me well untill I recently went down the 4k route, I am running a 55" Hisense TV with sky Q and a Xbox to watch my 4k films.

I have found out the 675 does not pass through 4k so I have been looking at just buying a new av receiver and keeping the old speakers, I found the Sony STRDH790 for £289 which seems to fit well.

My wife has other ideas and wants me to get rid of it all and get a soundbar like the Yamaha yas-207 but I am really unsure what path to go down.

I have a budget of £300, any advice would be really helpful. Thanks

razy60

Prominent Member
Your problem with the sound bar is only 1 input. Where as the amp has multiple inputs.

icemanfrosty

Established Member
Yeah the has 207 only has the one hdmi arc and optical. I think I need to find a new amp that beats the 675 that has hdcp 2.2 all for £300 which could be difficult.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom