Upgrade advice please

Flashy

It's upgrade time and I'm not entirely sure what to do - I'm with T-Mobile on Flext 35 paying £26 a month thanks to a previous discount.

I had a call from T-Mobile the other day telling me I could renew my contract and have "any handset" for free, or a discount of £10 a month for £18 months.

I'm sceptical of whether it will actually turn out to be a choice of any of their handsets when it comes down to it, I've never been over my allowance.

Regardless, I realised if I do choose a new handset, it would have to be one worth more than £180 to buy on pay as you go, because that's what the £10 off works out to over the contract.

I want a Nokia, but have read disappointing reviews on the 6500 Classic (screen breaking) and Slide (scratches on keypad from the slider). It pretty much leaves the 6300, which I could buy for £80 and make a profit of at least £100 over the 18 months.

I don't use a phone to listen to music, although I do use my current Nokia N70 for pictures quite a lot. How does the 6300 camera compare? I know it has no flash, but the N70 does and it doesn't really do much in low light anyway.

In short, would I be better off sticking with my N70 (which I've been really happy with) for as long as it lasts, or shall I upgrade to a better and newer handset?

I'm in two minds, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

corb73

Standard Member
Well if they really do mean any handset the N95 8 gb is coming on the 26th May (allegedly).

I had the N70 and now ive got the N73 which was better Then hopefully gonna get the 8gb, they are all symbian so you like them all

Flashy

I had considered the prospect of the N95 8GB, but I imagine I'll be in the same position as I was before Christmas when I tried to upgrade to the 6500 and was told I'd have to pay £90 for the handset. They did give me £10 a month off for six months then by way of compensation (loyalty bonus or something, I think it was called), which has just expired.

If not, it may well go to the top of my list, although then presumably I'd need to add Web n Walk as well, which is more expense. I think I'm torn between what I want for me and what I want for my wallet. :)

Russellgti

That call is unlikey to have been from t-mobile themselves. But rather someone else claiming to act on their behalf. I have had this before and was told by t-mobile that they don't call you to offer upgrades etc.

Flashy

I've no reason to doubt it was from T-Mobile - when I first said I wanted the Nokia 6500, in November, I was given the £10 off a month for six months instead, and told the check back to see if I could have it free after Christmas. They called me back then and told me it was available, but I'd changed my mind. They said they'd call back again - and did.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom