Upgrade 720p to 1080 Smart tv

michael0903

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am considering upgrading my old Hitachi 720p HD Ready 32" TV to a Smart LED TV,but I cannot find one that is equipped with a Scart socket which I need because my current AEI Digisender[ audio Video Sender] has Scart connections and I wish to keep it if possible.Can some one advise me which HDMI to Scart adaptor is the best one to buy,as there are quite a few cheap adaptors for sale on ebay between £10-£15.Any help advise would be appreciated..Michael

Although a lot of modern sets have ditched scart sockets due mainly to space constraints and the current fad of keeping sets as thin as possible most of them still have composite video/audio inputs (which is what you need) either via side-mounted RCA phono sockets or at the end of a short lead with a 3.5mm multiway plug which plugs into a socket on the set. All you need is a switched RCA Phono to Scart adaptor similar to this
Switchable Scart Male to Scart Female S-Video 3 RCA Audio Adapter Convertor BH | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Although a lot of modern sets have ditched scart sockets due mainly to space constraints and the current fad of keeping sets as thin as possible most of them still have composite video/audio inputs (which is what you need) either via side-mounted RCA phono sockets or at the end of a short lead with a 3.5mm multiway plug which plugs into a socket on the set. All you need is a switched RCA Phono to Scart adaptor similar to this
Switchable Scart Male to Scart Female S-Video 3 RCA Audio Adapter Convertor BH | eBay
unfortunately I have complications! I am already using the RCA connections for a Panasonic Media Centre,I also have Toshiba DVD Recorder connected via a Scart Plug[plugged into the Piggyback Scart of the Digisender] Looped in and out of the DVD Recorder then plugged in to the TV,The AEI Digisender has a Piggybacked scart socket which plugs in to my Sky HD Box.My Sky Box has an HDMI connection to the TV.My Hitacha TV has two HDMI and two Scart Sockets plus the RCA sockets.Sorry I should have made this clear from the start.The type of Scart to RCA would be inadequate.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Some Sky+HD boxes also have composite video/audio RCA phono out.

yes you are quite right,still don't think that resolves my problem somehow? Thanks anyway..Michael

It gives you another set of composite connections and I'm sure a little bit of rewiring and adaptors may get around the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom