updating win 10 to 11

anobium

Established Member
Reaction score
Right so I have run the pc health check app and it says my pc doesn't support secure boot, but have checked my motherboard manufacturer its a asrock z370 extreme 4, and it has secure boot support and tpm, but I'm sure you cant activate these on the motherboard while windows is installed. So do I need to completely format my hard drive and then install win 10, and then win 11, if this is the case I wont bother, I also don't have a win 10 cd, it was upgraded from win 8, whenever I enable tpm or secure boot, it doesn't boot into windows and I have to turn them off again.

Microsoft offers the installers for download these days, you don't need the disc.

The same will likely be true for Windows 11 so you almost certainly won't need to install Windows 10 first if you do end up needing to do a fresh install.

If your motherboard is preventing you from activating them then it'll just be a case of turning them on then doing a fresh windows 11 install. Although I believe you should be able to activate it if your install doesn't have any other legacy elements like an MBR partition table.

What a pain having to reinstall everything from scratch, there must be another way can you not enable secure boot, after windows has been installed?.

What a pain having to reinstall everything from scratch, there must be another way can you not enable secure boot, after windows has been installed?.
No, secure boot is exactly what it sounds like. Secure. The changes to the whole booting system of the OS and ties

I suggest that you follow stick with Win 10 for now until you're ready to commit to a full refresh install.

I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Acer Aspire TC-885 at the weekend. Took about an hour to load and install. No problems. The Front page presentation is a lot tidier. Can't say I've noticed anything major, good or bad.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom