updating the wii

chic

Distinguished Member
quick question about updating the wii, i havent got a wireless router and i dont intend to use any of the wii online stuff. Will i have to update the wii before i can play the games or can i play the games out of the box and forget about updating the wii.

Te Bheag

Novice Member
(bear in mind I haven't actually got a Wii)... But - yes I think it works straight out of the box, it's not a 360 (ie a tuned PC) which needs to be fully set up. Ninty like to keep it simple!

Oh, and I think you can connect by USB to a router if you ever wanted to...?

Bursar

Novice Member
quick question about updating the wii, i havent got a wireless router and i dont intend to use any of the wii online stuff. Will i have to update the wii before i can play the games or can i play the games out of the box and forget about updating the wii.
It will work fine, upto a point. You need to get an update for the system before you can use SD cards (but this is mentioned in the manual).

If you just want to slam in a disc and play a game, then it will be fine :)

Future games will have some of the updates included with them, so you won't end up being too far behind.

chic

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom