• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Updating tablet with new android?

moley27

Novice Member
Hi,
I have a Sony Z2 tablet that runs android marshmallow version 6.0.1. I also use the Sonos app. Sonos says my operating system is not supported and won't run at all. I can't seem to be able to download Android version 10 or any newer version than what I have.

other than buying a new Tablet, which I would prefer not to, I only really use it for Internet access and movie watching. Any suggestion how I can upgrade my version of Android?

Thank you
M

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
If your device is no longer supported by the manufacturer to receive new Android updates, which if it hasn't moved beyond Android 6 from them, I assume this is the case, as this is quite old now, then your only option is to research custom Android ROMs for this device and look into rooting it.

moley27

Novice Member
If your device is no longer supported by the manufacturer to receive new Android updates, which if it hasn't moved beyond Android 6 from them, I assume this is the case, as this is quite old now, then your only option is to research custom Android ROMs for this device and look into rooting it.
Thanks. All sounds a little techy for me. Have to a new one.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom