Updating Software on Humax PVR 8000T

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Humax User, Mar 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Humax User

Humax User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

Hi - just recieved the upgrade cable from Humax - Downloaded the upgrade software and the install software won't run --

Error:

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt - The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOs and microsoft windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

--------------------------

Any help would be great--- How stable is this version of software too?

2. Whyshirley

Whyshirley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I know that it doesn't help but, wdn4oak+ (the firmware installer app) runs quite happily under XP, there can be some problems with SP2 on some systems, but nothing to do with 16bit apps.

It's more likely that there is a problem with your XP installation, possibly with something like command.com.

4. Whyshirley

Whyshirley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the MS link certainly suggests that the problem is likely to be with a missing / damaged command.com, autoexec.nt or config.nt files and has instructions to retrieve or repair these.

I don't know how the install (for the installer!) runs, but if you have to run anything from a command line, make sure you are using cmd.exe not command.com to start up the command line window you use, i.e. type 'cmd' not 'command' in the 'run' dialog box. Cmd.exe is the full 32-bit command line interface for XP, command.com is a 16 bit 'dos' emulation environment. Just another thought as to where XP might be getting the idea something 16 bit is going on!