Updating Software in a Toshiba 32WT98B IDTV

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by briesmith, Apr 25, 2007.

1. briesmith

briesmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a long story but in a nutshell I went to Sky when OnDigital went broke and I've been with them ever since. Last week I tried to get a Sky+ subscription but because I wouldn't let them connect the (new) box to my telephone they took it away (having agreed to install it without the link and having taken my £99! (Since refunded; but that's Murdoch for you).
    Anyway I'm now exploring telling Sky to take a running jump and I've been revisiting the IDT receiver capabilities on my Toshiba 32WT98B.
    So I've just started the Upload Software function from the DTV services menu but nothing much is happening and I'm wondering whether anybody/anything "out there" is still around to send my firmware update.
    Hence this posting. Does anybody know the current status of the IDT software in my Tosh and can I still update the software "off air"?
    Alternatively, do I need to update the software or should I just abandon the upload and use the TV as is?
    Any and all help/advice gratefully received.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,309
    For the most part, software updates (which will only affect the Freeview receiver part of the TV) are only broadcast periodically and each time for typically 47 hours. You can't "download" when you choose to; only when it's being broadcast.

Details of imminent broadcasts here here:
    http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl

Or, you could ask Toshiba.

Of course, your TV should work on "old" software anyway - updates typically just fix bugs and so on; they don't affect (for example) the range of programmes that can be received; that's more often an aerial matter.