1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating Operating System Software on Digibox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by ray hayes, May 2, 2005.

1. ray hayes

ray hayes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have purchased a used Grundig Sky Digibox model GDS310 (38STM). It has an old blue Sky card in,but it may not be the original. I want to use the box for FTA reception only. It will not read a Yellow house card as the operating system needs updating (it is version 1.2S4Bc and the epg software is version 2.8b*) I need vF3 and 3.2.11. Is it possible to update this software as I am not registered with Sky and am not the original owner of this box. I know you plug into the phone line, hold down the update button when switching on and the phone lights come on and it says on the screen updating software etc. but nothing happens! Can anyone help me?

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    It must be connected to a dish........not the phone line.
    Hold the "Backup" button ON THE FRONT PANEL until all 4 led's come on.
    Leave it until it switches to stby itself, wait one minute then switch on and it should then have the latest software version.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I think it needs to be stressed that the backup button needs to be pressed and held when power is applied to the box (i.e. plug the box in whilst backup is pressed). No phone connection necessary.

4. ray hayes

ray hayes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick replies, I'll try again.

5. ray hayes

ray hayes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    works a treat - Thank you!