1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

updating my phone,when?advice required please

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by MrFurious, Apr 25, 2005.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,545
    I had a vodafone contract in febuary and went for the nokia 6230,i am only on a small 18.00 per month contract and have spent over the odds this last couple of months,i see that a new nokia flip phone is just released and is more suitable for me,whats the chance that vodafone will let me upgrade?

2. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +704
    There is every chance they will let you upgrade but they will charge you to do so. I am guesing you got you 6230 free when you subscribed to the price plan for 12 months. In reality your phone cost you £216 (£18X12) which is how much that phone costs and you have only paid off £54 of it. To upgrade to a new phone I am guessing you will have to pay somewhere in the region of £162 and subscribe to a new 12 month deal. The monthly tarrifs are so cheap and include so many free minutes the phone companies make most of there money by people going over their free call allowance and paying over the odds for their other calls/texts. Your monthly line rental will only just cover the cost of the phone, free calls and network maintanence.

3. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +704
    Oh, they will let you upgrade your price plan free of charge but you will need to keep your existing phone.