Updating Digibox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Moofer, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Moofer

Moofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Iv'e had my Pace digibox for too long now and would like to get my hands on the Sony model - sounds stupid I know - but how?
    Do I really have to start a new subscribtion or pay the full amount and buy one - do sky have a updating service?

2. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be quick, there is a guy on ebay (www.ebay.co.uk) auctioning off some brand new ones.

I have heard some people being allowed to cancel their existing subscription IF their old box stops working and then starting a new subscription.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FWIW I e-mailed Pace last week regarding the new twin-tuner/HD recorder l;aunch and was referred to Sky's marketing department.

The lady there actually called me back (!) and said that the new Digibox would be released later this summer, so hold fire on upgrading your stb if you can wait.

BTW, she also confirmed that they hope to start broadcasting ITV channels sometime towards the end of this year, although she inferred that that it was in the hands of the guys at ITV, rather than there being a hold-up at the Sky end.

4. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +774
    Check with Sky if you actually own your digibox by now (depending on how long you have been paying them subscriptions). If you want to buy your own from an auction site (like I did twice) it does not bother them. They might want the original Pace back though. The advice to hold on until the 'all-singing, all-dancing' digiboxes come along later in the year sounds good.