Updating AAdobe flash on browser on toshiba 32rl958

buttonpusher

Standard Member
Reaction score
I hope this is the right forum.
I have been trying to watch Demand 5 on my tv but when I go into the browser and type in the details it goes to the site but will not play as it needs to update flash. I clicked on to the site, choose the player and it halts with an error message about mime, The browser says I am running on linux with safari.
Any help would most appreciated.

Have you carried out a firmware/software update for the TV itself via its Menu system (rather than trying to update via the browser) ?

Thanks for the reply, I did try this first but all was up to date. I then tried to update the flash via the browser but no luck.

Your not going to be able to update flash on your tv like you would a computer. Your only hope is a firmware update by Toshiba but thats highly unlikely they will update flash.

Thanks, it seems my smart tv is not so smart. Only got it so that I could do catchup without having to keep plugging the laptop in. Not very happy.

Web browsers on smart tv's aren't that great in general and you won't be updating them like you can a computer.

Samsung 2012 range has BBC, ITV, C4, not sure if they have C5 as build in services or apps
Sony, BBC and C5 services and have yet to announce details for 2013 models.

Youview has all of them, you can add a Youview box to your tv or attach a pc / tablet via hdmi or miricast to do catchup services.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom