Updating 360 without internet

Fergin

Hi

Is there a download available of the new 360 update (that allows divx playback) so I can install it from disc, I read somwhere there was one for us xbox but not sure if that would work with u,k

Any help appreiciated

Cheers

Fergin

shb367

The dash can be updated using a hard drive on a connected machine, updating then putting it on the one without internet. As for the divx update its a no. Even downloading the file (from 360 newsgroups) and connecting the 360 hard drive to a computer and manually placing the file on the hard drive does not work.

Maybe at some point the divx update will be available to download but its not there yet!

m1ket

Dash updates are typically made part of the game discs a few months after its been out

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Would it not work if he took his entire machine inc. HDD round a mate of his that does have the internet, and using his free silver account?

tris

Fergin

Thanks for replies

I updated the HDDVD dirve via a disc that I downloaded, just wondered if a disc was available for system updtae, will try suggestions

Cheers

Fergin

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I was told that even if you have the latest dash update, you still need to be logged into live to stream avi's and play mp4 files, is this correct?

shb367

yes - as far as I know. You only need to be logged in once for the codec to download. The dash update and the avi codec are two seperate downloads. I think it's machine specific which is why you cant download then swap hard drive to another 360 not connected.

RoNaLdiNhO

Novice Member
As shb367 said. After you have the update (which you can download via MS website burn or put on usb to update 360) to play .avi you still need to download a codec the 1st time you run one. After that you do not need to be connected to live to play vids. I think they did this so banned people cant get the option to play divx. But ofcourse they worked out how to via that extender thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom