1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated SKY+ Remotes?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by portal, Dec 30, 2004.

1. portal

portal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These forums have had mention of an updated Sky+ Remote, which will support additional codes for the controlling of TV's.

I have the Relisys 1720 17" widescreen LCD TV, but cannot control it via the Sky+ remote.

Again these forums say that 877 is the correct code, but my remote won't take this.

Does anyone know when these new remotes will hit the streets? Also how do I tell if the ones in stock at say Argos are the new ones? Does anyone have a revision number or something?

Cheers
    Portal.

2. portal

portal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I the only one chasing these updated Sky remotes?

At least my "old" Sky+ remote works with my Panny 37 plasma! :)

Portal.

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,663
    Sky remotes are just one4alls dressed up iirc , if you can find the code you can reprogramme it. have a look at Hummer.co.uk .
    Lack of response could be down to the fact this has been done a million times , at least once in the last week or so (I answered that one as well :cool: )
    Good luck in your search , I was able to get my + remote to op my Plasma On/Off and Amp volume ,aswell as all the normal functions
    atb
    John

4. portal

portal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    johnscarlet, yes I know this - but thanks anyway. It was not a newbie q.

The Sky+ remote works just fine with my Panasonic Viera Plasma... However I can't get it to work with my Relysis 17" LCD. I have the remote code (from elsewhere on these forums), but my Sky remote will not accept it as a valid code.

People on these boards have spoken to Relysis, who've mentioned that Sky are releasing new versions of their remotes which include more codes (including the Relysis one).

My query is whether anyone knows more about the availability of these new remotes.......

Cheers
    Portal.

5. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,663
    Read somewhere that 0877 is the code ?

try this

TO PROGRAM THE remote USING THE 4 DIGIT CODE:

1. Turn your TV on.

2. Press tv on your Sky remote control.

3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

4. Press tv on your Sky remote control again.

5. Key in the four digit code for your brand of TV. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, recheck the code for your brand of TV and start again at Step 1.

6. Press the standby button on your Sky remote control. If your TV switches off, press select. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice (code stored). If your TV does not switch off, press tv, then press the standby button. Repeat this (press tv, then standby) until your TV turns off, then press select (stores code).

Found here

Don't know if it will work tho

atb
    JS

6. portal

portal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, I've tried that. Thanks for the helpful post though...

My remote won't accept that as a valid code, or "877" on it's own. THIS IS EXACTLY THE POINT OF MY POST.

There is APPARENTLY a new revision of the Sky+ remote coming soon which includes new codes, including 877.

I want info on when these remotes will be available, and how to distinguish them from the older revisions.

Portal.

7. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there are at least two versions of the sky + remote and they are difficult to tell apart. I bought a new one from Maplin as you can now program for AV receivers. The version I have has been on the go for over a year so it will be commonplace now in all retailer I'd think. don;t know if that's the same one as you are after though. I'd try the digital spy forums. I think there's a sticky post at the top of the sky+ forum

8. saintalan

saintalan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Is it possible to set up the Sky+ RC TV function to NOT switch the Sky+ to Composite output?

I used to live with it (annoyingly!) but have now a Hitachi 42/5200 Plasma where it actually cuts the picture off leaving just sound and naturally the RGB PQ is far superior.

I use a OFA6 and do not have the problem but I want to set the Sky+ RC for my wife so she can use the TV On/Off and Vol+-.

Other than that I am thinking of getting her an OFA4Digital.

Cheers

Alan