1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated Nvidia Drivers

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by HSC, Sep 7, 2005.

1. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Hi all

I notice that Nvidia have released their 3rd Xp driver in as many months - but that the MCE driver is nearly 3months old....

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxpmce_72.14.html

Does anyone know when the latest drivers will be released as I am still waiting to (hopefully) cure some problems with my MCE system.....?? :lease:

2. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I use the latest Nvidia drivers (non MCE) and MCE2005 accepts them, try using the latest standard XP Nviaia drivers.

3. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Hi - yes I am......but I have some little issues with video transcoding and sp/dif output that may be down to the non MCE specific drivers.....

looks like we are both using the 7800GTX - dont you have any issues...?

4. mkonieczko

mkonieczko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I installed the latest drivers the other week, my SPDIF AC3 output ceased to function, so I rolled back to previous release. :eek:

Cannot remember precisely which and I cannot check at present as I travelling.

Mark

5. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Once had a quick message about drivers not MCE compatible, it popped up briefly then disapeared, have my Creative speaker system connected via SPDIF on the Mainboard, have no issues, using an MSI K8N diamond SLI dualnet mainboard with SB Live 24 bit integrated chip. can't comment about transcoding not tried yet. How are you finding the 7800GTX?

6. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    hmmm - perhaps it's different when outputting to an amp - I am tempted to rebuild, but would prefer to wait for Nvidia to give us proper drivers under MCE....

the 7800GTX is a very impressive card (I am using it for HTPC use only) - which I suppose is overkill in some ways - but the card offers a justifiable leap in image quality & perfomance over the 6-series cards and is more future-proof with its capabilities...
    The icing on the cake it that I cant even hear the cooling fan.......whens the last time someone said that about a high-end Nvidia card.....!