Updated my room, what ya all think??

reaper12

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all let me say there are some amazing setup's here. I love the variety and the imagination showed by people in setting up their AV gear. It's been a real eye opener looking at all the pictures. And I am totally jealous of some setups. The setups that have impressed me most have been the guys on a budget and with little space. Thanks tio everyone here inspiring me :)

Anyway, My gear. Updated 24.11.2009. Still showing old photos, need to update them too to show the new receiver and TV.

Pioneer Lx-71 receiver.
XTZ 99.25's for the fronts and center,
XTZ 93WMT for the rears,
XTZ 99.12 DSP Sub, not here yet :-(

TV - Pioneer LX5090
Xbox 360,
PS3,
PC.

JVC HA-RX900 headphones.

My setup isn't finished, not too sure when I will get around to it. I am waiting for more funds before buying a good two seater sofa.

The pictures are really bad, sorry, You can hardly see the speakers at all, but they are there. trust me :D

First picture is my old setup.

room2.jpg

Now my New Setup :thumbsup:

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

And trying to show a good photo of one of the 99.25's.

IMG_0073.jpg

That's it!! comments welcome, suggestions even more welcome :)

Last edited:
Great setup you have there, much cleaner than before!!!

How does your Panny 800 perform with the pc?

they do look good those speakers!
well done on the setup - how BIG an improvement is it? :)

I'm considering breaking the bank for some XTZs. Recommended?

EDIT: Just noticed that your older speakers are Teufel, who I were also considering. And I'm looking at pairing whatever I do get with a Marantz AVR. Feedback would be excellent!

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for looking at my setup and your comments :)

Going to answer the few questions that came up :-

Darrensen - The PZ800 works great with the PC, no trouble at all. Picture is fantastic. And as an added bonus gaming is awesome, no lag or ghosting or motion blur etc. Would highly recommend it. It is my Pc monitor.

Hogwash - The improvement can't be measured :) The room feels more open and I have more space for work now as well. As for the sound quality, well, superb sums it up nicely :thumbsup:

Wingnut - yeah the low cabinet that the center speaker on really looks mint. I will need another low table so that I can put my keyboard and mouse on it.

YellowSphere - I had the Teufel system 5 speakers. They are great and I would have no trouble recommending them to anybody. Really good build quality. They sound equally good for music and movies. Teufel have a good reputation in Germany and the Netherlands. I had them side by side with my friends Monitor Audio Bronze speakers, just to compare them. Both were equally good. So maybe that might give you some idea of what to expect from them.

Again for Yellowsphere, Would I recommend you break the bank for XTZ speakers? Yes, definately. Don't get me wrong, the Teufel speakers are really good value and do sound much better than their price. But the XTZ speakers sound way better. If you have a decent amp/receiver then go for the XTZ's you will be one very happy AV guy. :clap:

And here is a photo of the rear of the room showing my rocking chair and my XTZ 93wmt speakers.

IMG_0075.jpg

Excellent improvement- Obviously the transformation and everything must be great! Not too keen on the carpet or chair though! :D

lol, I know, you are right, the carpet isn't great and the chair has seen better days, it is really comfortable though. In the next month I hope to get a small sofa to go there.

And I don't actually own this house and I am not allowed change the carpet or drill any holes etc. This is probably the best I will get it. But I am much happier now :thumbsup:

lol, I know, you are right, the carpet isn't great and the chair has seen better days, it is really comfortable though. In the next month I hope to get a small sofa to go there.

And I don't actually own this house and I am not allowed change the carpet or drill any holes etc. This is probably the best I will get it. But I am much happier now :thumbsup:

If you are getting a small sofa to go there, don't forget the beer fridge! :thumbsup:

Nice transformation BTW.

Reaper

Don't you think the front L&R would sound better on stands in free air rather than inside the cabinet.Did you try them on stands before you put them in those cabinets.

Other than that they look very nice:thumbsup:

Awesome transformation, I want your TV!

Reaper

Don't you think the front L&R would sound better on stands in free air rather than inside the cabinet.Did you try them on stands before you put them in those cabinets.

hi reaper

what a wonderful transformation - hope you have many years of enjoyment.

i had the same thoughts as kbfern about the sound in the cabinets.

Excellent set up there reaper. I love the TV.

How did you manage to wall mount it if you're not allowed to drill any holes though?

Well, I made a little error when looking at the cabinets in Argos. I thought the units were smaller and that the speakers would look great on top of them. But the cabinets are too tall to have the speakers on top. I was very worried that been inside the cabinets would make the speakers sound worse. Thankfull that's not the case, the speakers still sound great. If there is any difference between on top of the cabinets and in the cabinets neither me of my friend could hear it.

I am thinking of going for a leather two seater sofa, either black or red. I think red would look really cool as an offset to the black.

As for the mystery of how I hung the TV on the wall if I am not allowed drill holes? Hehe, well, it's not much of a mystery, there is damage to the wall just behind the TV so I was allowed drill holes there. :thumbsup:

glad to hear that the sound quality has not been affected

Your new setup is far neater dude gj, it looks mint!

What did you do with your Samsung LCD?

btw - now I'm jelous of your setup! :)

glad to hear that the sound quality has not been affected

A slight vibration has started in one of the cabinets, I think the shelf the speaker is on is little loose. Will fix it up tomorrow. But other than that it's great. Got lucky I guess :D

Volume - I sold my Samsung to my brother to finance part of my new Plasma. Glad you like my new setup.

Thanks to everyone for their comments so far. It's nice :)

Just one question to anyone who is views this. My rear speakers are angled towards my listening positioning. Do any of you know would it be better to point them forward? or maybe to point them towards each other?

Massive improvement! Some beige carpets would look better! Those XTZs are awesome speakers:smashin:, they should really be on stands.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom